Update for the WorkFocus Group’s JobAccess and NDRC services
The WorkFocus Group’s JobAccess and NDRC services
* 11 companies have signed Memoranda of Understanding / Partnership Agreements with the National Disability Recruitment Coordinator (NDRC); Woolworths (incorporating their associated brands of Caltex, Tandy, Big W and Thomas Dux among several others), ANZ, Australia Post, Salmat, Brisbane City Council, TNT Express, Luxottica, Darwin City Council, Western Power, Manpower and the University of Newcastle.
* Following a period of transition from the former NDRC contract to WorkFocus (which saw a delay in the commencement of vacancy generation) recruitment activity is now in full swing
* JobAccess has recently surpassed its 75,000th enquiry, proving that this service is being embraced by the community as a user-friendly and effective resource.
* The NDRC has recently expanded its internal staffing levels, and has added more team members in New South Wales, Melbourne and Queensland, and will soon add more team members in South Australia and Tasmania.
* JobAccess was named as one of 5 finalists in the Government Contact Centre Awards for 2010 for Best Government Contact Centre Operation (30 FTEs or less).
* Recruitment drives are taking place in October for two NDRC Partners, Woolworths and Telstra. The NDRC is very excited about the opportunities these partnerships represent for people with disability.
* Nicola Tuckwell manager of JobAccess was a speaker at the recent International Forum on Disability Management in the United States to profile the JobAccess service to an international audience. The presentation was on “New Dimensions in Mental Health Support.”
* Both Lucy Macali manager of the NDRC and Rob Gordon the CEO of the WorkFocus Group were keynote speakers at the annual Disability Employment Conference held by ACE in Hobart in June as well as attending the National Disability Employment Forum in Melbourne held by the Australian Government and ACE.
* JobAccess and NDRC recently sponsored the annual Diversity @ Work Awards in mid-October.
JobAccess and NDRC are looking forward to achieving the targets they have set out for the year, providing a positive outcome for the many job seekers and employers that hope to utilise these services. The WorkFocus Group looks forward to a busy and successful couple of months in the lead up to Christmas.